Assistant Chief Constable
We are currently have a vacancy for an Assisitant Chief Constable responsible for Specialist Operations.
Salary within the range of £91,632 to £106,908 per annum (plus benefits)
Closing date 13 January 2014.
Click here for full details
Lancashire Constabulary is not currently recruiting for the role of Police Officer. Please monitor the website for any changes.
The starting pay for a new Police constable is between £19,191 - £22,221 and can rise to £36,885 within 6-7 years. Pay increases come with promotion and length of service.
To be a Police Officer you need to be at least 18 years old and although you don't need to have any specific qualifications, you will have to take two written English tests and a Maths test. You'll also need to pass a special police selection process and complete some training.
To be a good Police Officer you must be able to work as part of a team, be able to solve problems and keep calm and confident in difficult situations.
What happens after I apply?
After you've sent in your application to be a police officer, this is what happens next;
- Upon receiving your application, we will check your eligibility and mark your responses to the competency questions. If your application is successful at this stage you will then be invited to attend an assessment centre.
- If you pass your assessment, you will then be invited to attend a final interview with members of Lancashire Constabulary's Senior Management Team.
- If successful at interview, you will be invited to take a physical test which is based on endurance and dynamic strength.
- Once you have passed the physical test you will be given a conditional offer of employment. This is subject to completing the last 2 stages of the recruitment process below.
- Firstly, you will be asked to attend a medical examination.
- The final stage of the process is for references and background/security checks to be undertaken - leading to offer of appointment if they are clear.
Lancashire Constabulary is currently NOT accepting applications from any rank of serving Police Officers in respect of Transferee vacancies.
All current vacancies are advertised on our Twitter page www.twitter.com/lancspolice (@LancsPolice) so make sure you're following us to get the latest!