This is a critical time for Lancashire and we need the help and co-operation of our communities to get through this national health emergency.
On Monday 1st June 2020, The Health Protection Regulations were further updated to allow for greater movement in public spaces. From this date, restrictions have changed but there are still specific things that members of the public cannot do.
A person may now leave and remain outside of the place where they live for any reason, subject to restrictions on gatherings and overnight stays as follows:
Gatherings in a public or private place
Outdoors: Gatherings of more than six people are not permitted.
Indoors: No gatherings are permitted.
Exceptions apply for:
- members of the same household
- a person attending a funeral
- an elite athlete and their coach or parent
- work purposes or the provision of voluntary or charitable services
- facilitating house moves
- providing care or assistance to a vulnerable person
- providing emergency assistance
- providing registered early years childcare
- avoiding injury, illness or to escape a risk of harm
- facilitating access between parents and children
- fulfilling legal obligations or participating in legal proceedings
- the purposes of education
A gathering is defined as two or more people present together in the same place, intending to engage in any form of social interaction or to undertake any other activity with each other.
Please note we can only enforce the Health Protection Regulations, we cannot enforce Government guidance. Therefore, please do not use report to us:
- Issues with social distancing or people who are less than 2 metres apart.
- Issues regarding the use of face masks or coverings in public places.
Businesses and workplaces
Businesses which are open in contravention of the regulations should be notified to the relevant local authority in the first instance.
If are concerned that your employer is not taking all practical steps to promote social distancing, please report this to your local authority or the Health and Safety Executive.