I have found a stray dog, can I bring it into a police station?

There are no facilities at any of our police stations to take in stray, abandoned or unwanted animals, for dogs in the first instance you should contact the local council dog warden who can give you advice on what to do next.

Council Dog Wardens

If you find an abandoned or injured animal other than a dog, these organisations can help give the animal the appropriate care and accommodation.

RSPCA Tel: 01332 344620

There are also numerous local groups and charities that exist to help specific animals such as badgers, birds of prey and horses. Try putting the name of the animal and 'Rescue Lancashire' into a website search to find the nearest to you.



Rate this page