***Due to high demand, we are not currently accepting applications for the Ride Along Scheme. Please check this page regularly for future availability.***
Apply to take part
The Lancashire Police Ride Along Scheme enables you to experience first-hand what local officers in East Division are dealing with on a daily basis.
You may be interested in finding out what happens when officers respond to calls or how they proactively patrol areas on the beat. This scheme enables you to join officers and observe their work.
Please use the below form to apply to take part in the scheme.
Successful applicants will be notified in due course. It takes time to make these arrangements and your patience is appreciated.
Terms and Conditions
Please note the following Terms and Conditions before applying.
Participants in the scheme must:
- Be a resident in the Lancashire Police area
- Be aged 18 years or above (younger people of 16 or above may take part under certain circumstances)
- Undergo criminal record checks. If you have previous convictions, your involvement on the scheme will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Read and agree to the Ride Along Scheme Police
- Sign a Ride Along Scheme - Confidentiality and Disclaimer agreement form
- Sign and agree to the Ride Along Scheme - Observer Terms
- Lancashire Police reserves the right to refuse participation in this scheme and to terminate the Ride Along at any point, if it is necessary for the officer or member of staff to carry out their work effectively, efficiently and safely.
What would you like to observe?
When completing the below application form, you will be asked to highlight which area of policing you would like to observe. This could include:
- The work of a Neighbourhood Policing Teams
- How Police Officers respond to emergency calls
You can find our more about this scheme from our Ride Along FAQs.