Our demand in a Day
On a typical day in Lancashire Police:
Just 19% of calls for our service are crime related - 81% is everything else - 33% of which relates to concerns for safety and of that 33%, 20% relates to mental health.
- receive 664 emergency 999 calls and 2315 non-emergency calls
- make 83 arrests - 3 of which are for sexual offences
- attend 55 domestic abuse incidents
- carry out 8 stop and searches - 3 of these are drug related
- have 344 crimes reported
- respond to 19 missing person reports
- deal with 15 burglaries
- deal with 195 anti-social behaviour incidents
- deal with 128 thefts
- deal with 105 violent crimes
- respond to 18 incidents involving people with mental health issues
- attend 10 road traffic collisions
- submit 34 vulnerable adult and 37 vulnerable child referrals 4 of which are CSE related
Our policing is organised by area, with neighbourhood teams being supported by a full range of specialist teams.
With seaside resorts, mill towns, stunning countryside and 2 cities our county is a challenging and rewarding place to work.