In Autumn 2021, the Constabulary adopted a new victim-focused vision and strategy, with a clear set of priorities that will underpin our service delivery to the public.
The strategy – or plan on a page - sets out exactly what we here to do for our communities and how we will do it.
It has been shared with all of our officers and staff by the Chief Officer Team, with a view to ensuring that we are all working towards a common goal of preventing and fighting crime and keeping communities safe.
Our purpose is to prevent and detect crime and preserve the King's peace.
Our vision is simple: Preventing and fighting crime. Keeping our communities and people safe.
To deliver on our vision there are five key areas we must focus on:
- Put victims at the heart of everything we do
- Reduce crime, harm, and antisocial behaviour
- Effectively respond to incidents and emergencies
- Investigate and solve crimes and deliver the best outcomes to all
- Deliver an outstanding service to the public and build confidence
We will achieve this through:
- Prioritising engagement, health and wellbeing
- Strong and empowering leaders
- Recognising and rewarding great performance
- Developing, training, coaching and mentoring
- Understanding our communities
- Strong partnership working and problem solving
- Having proactive, honest and open conversations
- Improving how people contact us in need
- Working innovatively together to protect those in need
- Building effective community safety partnerships
- Ensuring the right help from the most appropriate organisation
- Seeking opportunities to continuously improve
- Focus on efficiency and value for money
- Improve opportunities for agile and flexible working
- Effective use of systems and data
- Reducing the impact on the environment
We are Professional, Accountable, Respectful and United.
These values support the Code of Ethics in policing, which is at the heart of every policy, procedure, decision and action:
Accountability / Fairness / Honesty / Integrity / Leadership / Objectivity/ Openness/ Respect/ Selflessness.
Take a look at what difference we make on a typical day by viewing our demand page.